While on a Lowe’s trip last summer, something unexpected caught the corner of my eye. On an almost hidden end cap sat a single white modern planter. Reminiscent of the case study planters I loved, but for a much more affordable $29.99. Of course the planter came home with me and it has remained in my living room potted with a sansevieria ever since.
Since finding the first planter I’ve searched high and low. Manufactured by SK of Germany (SoendgenKeramic) they are distributed at big box stores such as Lowe’s and Wal-mart, but can be surprisingly difficult to find. You will have the best results checking Lowes.com for local inventory. If not available at your local stores, Lowe’s will ship them to you.
SK planters offer several features which make them outstanding for indoor plants.
- Completely sealed and waterproofed so they won’t leak on your floors!
- Designed to fit typical sized potted plants easily! Simply place in the planter, plastic pot and all.
- Easy removal of plant for proper watering and drainage.
- Easily swap or replace plants.
- Can be drilled if desired.
Smaller SK pots occasionally show up at Wal-Mart, where I found these 2 on clearance.
Below is the SK lineup available online at Lowes.com for in-store pick up or delivery to your home. Click the links to check out each respective planter.
In an upcoming post I’ll demonstrate how to make case study inspired stands for these modern planters.